MENAtive Terms of service
III. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
The Service provides you with recommendations ("Recommendations") for news articles, graphics, photographs, images, illustrations, software, audio clips and video clips ("Content"). Some Recommendations may consist of Content that our customers pay us to promote ("Promoted Content"). These Recommendations generate revenue ("Promotional Revenue") for the Site from customers selected by MENAtive in its sole discretion. If you use the Service without registering on the Site, this Recommendation functionality will be automatically provided as part of the Service. If you register on the Site, you may control the settings for the Recommendation functionality, as described on the MENAtive Dashboard and in Section 6 below.
IV. LICENSE OF MENAtive SERVICE
C. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS. You shall not use the Code in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, counterfeit goods, items subject to U.S. embargo, unsolicited mass distribution of email ("Spam"), multi-level marketing proposals, hate materials, hacking, surveillance, interception, or descrambling equipment, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or otherwise offensive content, prostitution, body parts and bodily fluids, stolen products and items used for theft, fireworks, explosives, and hazardous materials, government IDs, police items, gambling, professional services regulated by state licensing regimes, weapons and accessories. You shall implement the Services in a timely manner in accordance with all reasonable instructions provided to you by MENAtive from time to time.
G. NO OTHER LICENSES. The licenses granted hereunder are specifically set forth herein, and no licenses are granted by MENAtive to you by implication or estoppel.
V. USER CONDUCT
to abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other MENAtive users or Content providers;
in any manner that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content;
to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any MENAtive user;
to create or submit Spam to any other MENAtive users or any URL;
to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws);
to submit stories or comments linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes, sites/blogs repurposing existing stories (source hops), or off-topic content;
via use of any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission;
to take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our Service infrastructure;
to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site;
to bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
with the intention of artificially altering the Recommendations, or any other MENAtive service, including by way of creating separate user accounts for the purpose of artificially altering MENAtive's services; artificially inflating clicks on Recommendations or Promoted Content, or participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of the Service.
The following sites are strictly prohibited from using the Service and MENAtive will actively terminate the Service from sites it finds to be in violation of these prohibitions: sites displaying adult, obscene, pornographic, libelous, infringing abusive or defamatory content, sites participating in, or encouraging participation in, illegal activities, sites that promote hate and discrimination, sites that facilitate the sale of firearms or illegal drugs. In addition, MENAtive reserves the right in its sole editorial discretion to disable its Service on any site.
VI. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
VII. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
You acknowledge that MENAtive may be required to send you emails regarding your use of the Service; however, we will never ask you to submit additional personal information or to verify the status of information related to your account in any such email. You acknowledge that MENAtive may establish limits concerning use of the Service and may modify these limits at any time.
VIII. CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE
Limited License to Use Content. If you are a Partner, by submitting any Content, you hereby grant MENAtive a limited, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty free, worldwide right to use such Content and your registered and unregistered trademarks, service marks, trade dress, graphics or logos ("Partner Marks") in any of the following: (i) on the Site, any MENAtive blog or newsletter; (ii) on any business development, commercial sales materials, or press releases; (iii) as any part of the Service; (iv) or in any other reasonable manner that a Partner might expect MENAtive to use its Partner Marks.
IX. NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
You agree that MENAtive, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, or account, and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including and without limitation, the lack of use, or if MENAtive believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Any contracts, verbal or written or assumed, in conjunction with your deleted account and all its parts, at MENAtive's discretion, will be terminated as well. MENAtive may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that MENAtive may immediately deactivate or delete your MENAtive account and all related information and files. MENAtive reserves the right to bar any further access to such files or the Service. You agree that MENAtive shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
XI. ADVERTISEMENTS AND PROMOTIONS
You understand and agree that some or all of the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for MENAtive to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that you will not obscure any advertisements from general view via HTML/CSS or any other means. By using the Service, you agree that MENAtive has the right to run such advertisements with or without prior notice, and without recompense to you or any other user. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by MENAtive on your Content and throughout the Service are subject to change at MENAtive's discretion. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that MENAtive shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service, or relevant third parties, is providing links to other web sites or resources. Because MENAtive has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that MENAtive is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that MENAtive shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
XIII. MENAtive CONTENT
You agree to follow the following guidelines for posting Content to MENAtive:
1. All Content posted to MENAtive in any way, is the responsibility and property of the author. MENAtive is committed to maintaining the Service in a manner reasonably acceptable to all audiences but is not responsible for the monitoring or filtering of any account Content. Those users posting material not suitable for all audiences must agree that they are fully responsible for all the Content they have posted anywhere on the Service. Should Content be deemed illegal by such law having jurisdiction over the user, you agree that MENAtive may submit all necessary information to, and cooperate with, the proper authorities;
2. Should any Content that you have authored be reported to MENAtive as being offensive or inappropriate, MENAtive might call upon you to retract, modify, or protect (by means of private and friends only settings) the Content in question within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the MENAtive staff. Should you fail to meet such a request from MENAtive staff, MENAtive may terminate your account. MENAtive, however, is under no obligation to restrict or monitor account Content in any way;
3. MENAtive claims no ownership or control over any Content posted by its users. The author retains all patent, trademark, and copyright to all Content posted within available fields, and is responsible for protecting those rights, but is not entitled to the help of the MENAtive staff in protecting such Content. The user posting any Content represents that it has all rights necessary to post such Content (and for MENAtive to serve such Content) without violation of any intellectual property or other rights of third parties, or any laws or regulations;
4. MENAtive reserves the right, without limitation except by law, to serve any user Content on the web, through the downloadable clients and otherwise. MENAtive also reserves the right, without limitation, to resell any portion of a user's MENAtive back to that individual;
5. You acknowledge that MENAtive does not pre-screen Content, but that MENAtive and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to remove or refuse to remove any Content that is available through the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, MENAtive and its designates shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable, or that infringes or is alleged to infringe intellectual property rights. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. Furthermore, MENAtive reserves the right to limit access to your account, if found in violation of the TOS, including without limitation the Member Conduct described below, by removing the account and related user information from the member directory, search engine, and all other methods used in conjunction with finding MENAtive's users. 5. You acknowledge that MENAtive does not pre-screen Content, but that MENAtive and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to remove or refuse to remove any Content that is available through the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, MENAtive and its designates shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable, or that infringes or is alleged to infringe intellectual property rights. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. Furthermore, MENAtive reserves the right to limit access to your account, if found in violation of the TOS, including without limitation the Member Conduct described below, by removing the account and related user information from the member directory, search engine, and all other methods used in conjunction with finding MENAtive's users.
XIV. MENAtive.COM PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (referred to as "Software"), may contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable laws governing intellectual property, proprietary rights and the like. All MENAtive code and specifications, and all other code and specifications for the Software and the operation of the Service, are subject to their express or implied licenses. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by MENAtive or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Content, the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
Submission of Unsolicited Ideas and Information
XVI. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
(a) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. MENAtive EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
(b) MENAtive MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
(c) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER LIABILITYTHAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
(d) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MENAtive.COM OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
XVII. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MENAtive SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MENAtive HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
XVIII. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS
The materials on MENAtive are provided with "RESTRICTED RIGHTS." Use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in applicable laws and regulations. Use of the materials by the U.S. Government constitutes acknowledgment of MENAtive's proprietary rights in them.
XX. GENERAL INFORMATION
The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and MENAtive and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and MENAtive (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the TOS) and any prior representations by MENAtive. The laws of the State of California, U.S.A, shall govern the TOS and the relationship between you and MENAtive, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and MENAtive agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of San Francisco, California, U.S.A. The failure of MENAtive to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
MENAtive may at any time revise these Terms of Service by updating this posting. By using this Site, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to determine the then-current Terms of Service to which you are bound.